Urge Technologies respects and upholds your rights to privacy protection under the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
This policy describes how we manage any personal information we have about you.
This policy does not apply to personal information about our personnel and job applicants. Please contact human resources for privacy details applicable in that case.
2. What personal information about me does Urge Technologies collect or hold?
If you are a User of the urge then we may hold the following information about you:
- name, mobile number and email address that you provide during the optional user registration process or subsequently update;
- the Searches you perform, and products that you interact with using the urge;
- location information if enabled on the device or computer on which you use the urge;
- history of every product you view and click on the ‘Check Availability’ button.
- details of any product that you subsequently purchase on a third-party retailer website after having clicked through to their website from the urge; and
- any additional information that you provide to our help desk or through any customer survey.
We may be unable to provide our online services to you if you do not provide some personal information.
3. How does Urge Technologies collect and hold personal information?
We collect any personal information we hold about you through:
- the registration process;
- your use of the urge;
- your contact with our help desk.
We hold all personal information only in electronic form (except in rare cases, such as where in the course of administration of our business we might also need to make a handwritten note of particular information, such as contact details that you provide).
We hold any personal information about you at the applicable data centre of the cloud computing provider that we use from time to time (Cloud Provider) or on our own hardware.
If you terminate the provision of services to you by us, then we may still retain personal information about you for the purpose of providing the anonymous data analytics or mining described below.
4. What does Urge Technologies do with personal information about me?
We use the personal information we hold about you:
- to enable or assist us to provide our services to you via the urge;
- to customise our services according to your interests, preferences, saved searches and product interactions;
- to assist where you contact our help desk;
- to generate anonymous data analytics or mining as described below;
- for our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements;
- to communicate (via the urge, SMS/MMS or email) promotional offers special events, new services or other information which we think might be of use, interest or help to you;
- to protect our legal interests (e.g. defending a legal claim) or in connection with a sale of our business or company.
If you are a User we will not sell your information to any person, or disclose personal information about you to any person, except:
- on a confidential basis to business partners that we use in the ordinary operation of our business, such as for data storage, data processing or messaging;
- to any purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of our business;
- in the unlikely event that we are required by law to provide it to a third party (e.g. a court order requires that we provide it for the purposes of a criminal investigation or trial);
- in order to provide data analytics or mining, as described in the following paragraph.
We may use personal information we hold about you to compile analytical data or perform data mining services that we may sell to third parties. The analytical data or results of data mining services that we sell will be on an aggregated or de-identified basis that will not identify you.
At any time you may opt out of receiving any communications from us (other than as required for the operation of our business, e.g. regarding the status of your account.
5. Storage of Personal Information
To run our business we use a global Cloud Provider and store your personal information on servers operated by them in multiple regions including but not limited to Sydney, Australia as part of the services that they provide to us. We have satisfied ourselves as to the reputation of the service provider, and the service provider has agreed to use the information we provide (including your personal information) only for the purpose of providing services to us and to take at least reasonable steps to keep the information secure.
6. Access and correction
You may request access to personal information we hold about you by writing to Urge Technologies’ Privacy Officer at the address below. If we hold personal information that you are entitled to access (and that you cannot already access through ordinary use of our services), then within a reasonable period after your request we will provide you with access. If we refuse your request then we will give you a written statement setting out the reasons for the refusal (unless unreasonable to give them), and the process we provide if you wish to complain about the refusal.
We will provide access in the manner you request if it is reasonable and practicable to do so. If it is not reasonable and practicable to provide access in that manner then we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you access it (e.g. emailing it to you).
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, then you may request amendment of it. We will consider if the information requires amendment and respond to you within a reasonable period after your request. If we do not agree that it should be amended, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it and will also give you a written statement setting out the reasons for the refusal (unless unreasonable to give them), and the process we provide if you wish to complain about the refusal.
Our contact details are as follows:Urge Technologies
1/52 Queen Street
Beaconsfield NSW 2015
Any questions about this policy, or any complaint regarding treatment of your privacy by Urge Technologies, should also be made in writing to the address above.
If you lodge a complaint, then we will let you know the name of the individual responsible for taking care of it, and will tell you when we will provide a full response.
In this policy:
Searches means the text a User enters to help find products such as “White Dress” or “Black leggings”.
User means a user of Urge who visits the urge website whether they choose to register or not.
personal information has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act (Cth).
Urge means the urge website (accessed by visiting www.theurge.com.au).
Urge Technologies means Urge Technologies Pty Ltd (ACN 612 291 504), which has issued this policy.
This policy represents our policy as at 1 January 2017. We may change this policy from time to time, subject to any requirements in any agreement between you and us.